Thursday 9 February 2012

Little Changes.....And Another Challenge!

The thing about decluttering is that once you start, you see clutter everywhere!  
This isn't a bad thing if you can deal with the issue in a few minutes but has the danger of sidetracking you and taking your concentration away from your current project!

One of the things that drives me nuts is the multiple bottles of shampoo I seem to accumulate.  I like for my shampoo and conditioner to match but always use the conditioner quicker than the shampoo, then change brands and refuse to 'mix' products

This usually means I have this situation in my bathroom!


At Christmas James treated me to some of my favourite Aveda hair products!


Once I started to use them I remembered why I liked them, my hair looked better and is more manageable!

I know at £32 and £36 they seem a bit steep, but when I consider that I would normally use a bottle of Shampoo and 2 bottles of conditioner a month (at least!) is it really any different cost wise than using the stuff I don't enjoy?

Sound's like a Challenge!  

So far I've been using these bottles for 4 weeks so I'm going to see how long they last and compare the cost  to the equivalent that I would use in high street brands, I'll let you know!!

What's your favourite cosmetic brand?  Do you have any indulgences, that in the long term you consider to be worth the extra expense?

3 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about aveda. I'll pay more if a product is good and lasts. My more expensive products are touché éclat, Clinique moisture surge and liz earles cleanse and polish. But I use a 89p eye make up remover because that works just fine! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may change your mind about this when Sophie is older and she starts *borrowing* it'hehe' but Iknow what you meanabout using the conditioner first and not mixing.
    I like to use Aussie and thankfully that's not too pricey.

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to good old Aveda eh! I need to investigate a new shampoo actually and mum text me to today about a cheaper alternative to the L'Occitane Almond Oil so going to pick up a bottle tomorrow nd see how it works!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them!