Friday 13 January 2012

Old Mother Hubbard the Update...........

Last week I set myself the challenge of using up the contents of our bulging food cupboard and freezer and so far so good!

Remember this?


Well here it is now.....


Much better, out of date items gone, like with like and most important, I know what is there!
After checking the freezer and fridge I compiled a menu for the week and the following shopping list:

Butternut Squash
Broccoli
Mushrooms
Tuna in spring water
Cheese sauce
Garlic bread
Orange juice

Sunday


Fish cakes with mini jackets and broccoli
Monday


Lamb, roasties and roast vine tomatoes, there was enough meat left to make Sophie 3 portions of her fave lamb casserole too!


Tuesday


Chicken katsu curry (and yes I made the curry sauce myself!)
I also turned this....


Into this......

 Wednesday


Beef chili with grated cheese and potato wedges

Thursday


Gnocchi with tomato sauce (served this with garlic bread but forgot to cook it so we ate it after!)

So there you go a whole weeks meals and there is still enough for more meals!
The challenge continues!

Lots of Love xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Well done Kel, all looking good

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clutter busting and money saving at the same time = result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check you out, this sounds fab and what yummy dinners too :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. This is so inspiring, Kelly. I have a pantry we call the "bad karma cupboard." you open it, and things fall on you! And I really need to learn good menu skills. Great post! Every meal looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them!